Job Title: Web Development and IT Lead (Shopify)
Based: New Addington, Croydon
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm
Would you love a varied web and IT role within small, entrepreneurial company?
Love being the web lead in a company where their online presence is pivotal to their success?
Thrive in a role where you’re the hands-on web and IT brain as well as helping shape related tech strategies?
Interested in the e-cigarette market and fancy working for the online market leader?
If yes is your answer to all the above, here’s some more info...and then send your CV across so we can start working with you.
We’re working as the retained recruitment and HR consultants for one of the UK’s leading consumer online retailers in e-cigarettes, and currently, they rely on their MD and other team members for the web and IT functions.
It’s time they hired an expert who could take on all their current set up and help push it forward.
Their current Shopify site works very well for them but improvements many improvements are envisioned. Your proactive approach to web development and best practice IT support will help project the company towards its ambitious 2018 and 2019 goals.
Ideally you’ll know Shopify and it’s related apps, and use this knowledge to significantly improve the current online functionality.
- You know how to code in HTML and either Liquid, Ruby or other similar languages, and if you don’t, you find learning about all things web and IT very easy.
- The key to your job is ensuring the customer journey and experience is the best in the world.
This is a real all-rounder role where you may need to turn your hand at graphics (Photoshop, Canva or similar) as well as fix the printer, the DNS problems, document the processes for setting up new users and then add some new products to the website ... all before lunch!
- Larger projects include reviewing Google Analytics data and using this to optimise the website and launching new website apps and features (such as subscriptions and a loyalty scheme).
- You’d be joining a small team of 5-6 where you’d be the technical brain in the office. The success of the business heavily relies on the tech they use so you’ll be rather vital to the future growth of the company.
- You will be working to support a progressive and entrepreneurial MD. Your ability to take what’s in the MD’s head and make it happen is crucial to the success of this brand new role.
- If you’re looking for a pure web development or IT support role in an IT company, then this very likely is not for you.
If you love consistently improving, learning plenty, finding and implementing solutions, and put to good use your strategic knowledge and ambitions, then send your CV across today so we can get going with your application.