The Benefits of Using Video in your company’s Remote Employee Onboarding
Remote employee onboarding can be challenging for any business, but it doesn’t have to be. By utilizing video, employers can ensure a successful onboarding experience for all remote employees. Video is an effective tool for introducing new employees to your company culture, mission, and values. It can also help new hires learn the tools and processes they need to be successful in their role.
This blog post will explore the benefits of using video for remote employee onboarding and how to maximize its potential.
Videos Can Be More Engaging
Employee onboarding is integral to any organisation, as it helps set up new hires for success. Remote onboarding often takes place over video such as Google Meet or Zoom. It can be challenging to ensure that the new hire is engaged and invested in the onboarding process.
One way to ensure engagement is to use videos for remote employee onboarding. Videos can be much more engaging than a text-only onboarding experience. They provide visuals that can keep the new hire’s attention and help them understand the company concepts. By using a video-based approach, you can create engaging onboarding experiences that help new hires get up to speed quickly and understand their roles better.
Videos also provide a level of interactivity that text and document-based onboarding experiences can’t match. You can embed interactive elements in your videos to engage new team members, such as quizzes, polls, and surveys. These activities help to reinforce key concepts and help your new employee remember information more easily.
Finally, videos allow you to customize the onboarding experience based on the individual employee’s needs and preferences. This helps ensure that each employee receives the onboarding experience that best suits their learning style and interests, making them more engaged and more likely to remember what they have learned.
Videos Are More Personal
One of the benefits of using video for remote employee onboarding is that it allows you to provide a more personal experience. Video can allow you to connect more directly with your employees and create a feeling of inclusion and belonging. Video also allows you to present information in an engaging and interactive way, allowing employees to follow along with the material quickly and easily.
Using videos for remote onboarding also allows employers to show the personality behind you organisation.
You can use videos to:
- introduce staff members,
- highlight your company culture,
- and share your company’s key values or messages.
This helps your employees better understand what it’s like to work for the company. It can help them understand how their role contributes to your company’s overall mission.
Additionally, videos allow employers to create custom onboarding packages for each new employee more easily. By doing this, employers can ensure that each new hire gets the information they need to be successful. With videos, employers can tailor their onboarding content to fit each employee’s individual needs and interests.
Videos Help Build Relationships
Using video for remote employee onboarding can help build relationships. With video, you can give a face to your company and create a personal connection with new employees. This helps to create an atmosphere of trust and belonging, which is vital to a successful onboarding process.
Video also allows you to introduce the team members who will be working with the new hire. They can be seen and heard introducing themselves, discussing their role, and welcoming your new employee. This is a great way to show that the team is there to support them throughout the onboarding process.
Video can also be used to showcase the company culture, values, and mission. Seeing and hearing this first-hand can help new employees feel connected to the company and more willing to invest their time and energy into it.
Finally, video can be used to give virtual tours of the office (if you have one!) or any other relevant spaces. This can help new employees understand what it is like to work at your company and understand its physical spaces.
Videos Save Time
When onboarding remote employees, there are often many steps that need to be taken in order to get them up and running. This can include providing them with the necessary documentation, explaining protocols and processes, or giving a tour of the office space. Doing this virtually can be difficult and time-consuming for both the employer and the employee.
Using video as part of the onboarding process can save you time and energy. It is possible to record all of the necessary information ahead of time, allowing the employee to review it at their own pace. This eliminates the need to hold multiple meetings or spend hours walking the new hire through everything they need to know.
Additionally, creating videos allows you to create consistent onboarding experiences across all new hires. This way, everyone gets the same information no matter where they are located. This also saves time since you don’t have to start from scratch with every new hire.
Finally, having all of the information in a video format makes it easier for employees to go back and reference it later if needed. This can save employers time when responding to questions from new employees about processes or protocols.
Using video for remote employee onboarding is an efficient and effective way to ensure that your new hires have all the necessary information they need. Not only does it make the onboarding process more engaging, but it also helps to save time by providing a consistent onboarding experience and making it easier to reference information later on.
- Optimise Your Hiring Budget with a Flat Fee RecruiterRecruiting the right employees is essential for the success of any business, but it can be a daunting and time-consuming task for… Read more: Optimise Your Hiring Budget with a Flat Fee Recruiter
- Optimise Your Company’s Recruitment Success With Talent PipelinesIn today’s business landscape, competition for top talent in marketing, advertising, creative, finance, operations, HR, and admin roles is fierce. Small to… Read more: Optimise Your Company’s Recruitment Success With Talent Pipelines
- Your Step-by-Step Ultimate Guide to Job Interview SuccessCongratulations on scoring a job interview! Now it’s time to prepare yourself to showcase your best self and secure that dream job.… Read more: Your Step-by-Step Ultimate Guide to Job Interview Success
- How Remote Onboarding Can Improve New Hire Success in SMEsRemote work has become an increasingly popular option for businesses worldwide. Regardless of the size of your company, adopting an efficient remote… Read more: How Remote Onboarding Can Improve New Hire Success in SMEs
- Preparing for Your First Marketing Job Interview: Dos and Don’tsCongratulations on landing your first marketing job interview! This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills and passion for the field.… Read more: Preparing for Your First Marketing Job Interview: Dos and Don’ts
- How to Navigate Tricky Conversations with Underperforming EmployeesAs the business owner or manager in a small business, one of the challenges you may face is having difficult conversations with… Read more: How to Navigate Tricky Conversations with Underperforming Employees